I get daily quotes or thoughts called Daily Gems from a church website. They are all great and make me think. This one came in on Thursday and I just thought it was great.
Comfort in the Midst of Affliction
"In the Book of Mormon, Nephi speaks often of delight. He delights 'in the things of the Lord,' 'in the scriptures,' and 'in the great and eternal plan' of our Father in Heaven (2 Nephi 4:15-16; 11:2-8). Notably, Nephi often remembers his sources of delight in the midst of affliction, serving to lift and focus his spirit on eternal blessings."We too should delight in the things of the Lord for it will 'lift' our hearts and give us cause to 'rejoice' (2 Nephi 11:8)."
Susan W. Tanner, "My Soul Delighteth in the Things of the Lord," Ensign, May 2008, 81
I think this is such a great principle to incorporate into our lives, especially during these hard times. So much is happening in our world today. It can all be overwhelming and scary at times. However, if we follow the example of Nephi and delight in the knowledge we have of having a Father in Heaven who loves us and knows each of us; it makes all those overwhelming feels disappear. I know that as hard as times can get and how frustrating situations can be, I always have the Lord to turn to.
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Quote
Posted by Billy and Amanda Cole at 6:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment