CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 11, 2010

It's been awhile!

I have no good excuse for not blogging ALL summer long. Things have been busy and crazy but not so much. Our family has had quite the adjustment these last few months with Billy being gone during the week. It is not a favorite routine for any of us. However, I have learned a lot from it: I have a new appreciation for military families and single moms; and I hope that if we ever meet someone in a similar situation that we can be understanding to their needs and helpful to their family.
We are almost done! 5 more weeks until graduation!! It is so close and Billy is really doing amazing. He has learned a lot and has enjoyed his time in the academy but he is ready to get out there and work. Over these last few months I have come to a realization that this is going to be a life style change for our family. We are excited for this and look forward to what the future holds for our family.
A couple weeks ago Billy got his first area assignment! They were able to put in where they wanted to go based on openings in the state. We had talked about several of the areas that seemed like they would be good for our family and knew there were some that we did not want to be in. He put in for three areas and he got his first choice!!! We are going to the Kansas City area!! This is a huge blessing for us. We really felt like this is where we needed to be. I am personally excited because I lived in the area during part of high school.
This is going to be such a fun new adventure for our family. It has also been nice to know that no matter where we go the church is still true and that there are still people who are willing to help. Since both of our families don't live close, the church has become our family. Also, I have learned that the MSHP is also a family. We have been very blessed and continue to count our blessings each and every day.

0 comments: