I was thinking today about how blessed we are to have such a wonderful baby. Jenna has been very good since the begining. I'd have to say she is an ideal baby. She is so happy all the time, and is very laid back. I have to say that she is a lot like her daddy, which is really a good thing. :) I realize that she is only 7 months old so her personality is still developing and she is going to be changing a lot over the next several years, but I am excited to see her grow.
As difficult as it will be at times, I am looking forward to the challanges to come. I do not expect her to be perfect forever (even though that would be nice, but let's get real :) ). I know that challenges will change as she grows older. I also know that Heavenly Father does not give us more than we can handle; in ANY situation. He knows us and He knows what we can handle. This does not only apply to our everday challenges but this applies to our children as well. I guess I am just vewing motherhood a bit differently now that I have Jenna. I see it as a privelage. We are so blessed to have Jenna in our family. She has such a sweet spirit and makes us smile everyday.
I guess this week I am grateful to be a mom. I am grateful that Heavenly Father has entrusted me with this sweet spirit and hope that there are more to come. I am coming to a realization that I have a special place in my heart for being a mom. Not that we had a lot of challenges or big challenges like some people do, but we did still go through some struggles to be able to have Jenna. But I know that we had those so that we can help someone else later on.
Motherhood has been on my mind a lot this week. I'm not really sure why but it is. I love my little girl and am excited to be her mommy. :)


2 comments:
Thank you Amanada, I need to read that today. That was a very sweet and uplifting post:) Thank you for sharing.
Amanda, that was such a sweet post. I know exactly how you feel. I think that people sometimes take for granted being able to have babies. I too feel it is a privilege and am so glad that I have a great husband that shares the same love that I have for my girlies. Those Cole boys are good daddys, Thanks grandpa for your example. I love the new pics of her and can't wait to get her and Erynn together so they can play!!
Post a Comment