CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pack n Play or Bassinet

I am trying to decide if I should use a pack n play or a bassinet for Jenna to sleep in for the first little while. I really like the pack n play's that have the music and vibrations on them but finding a bassinet with the same features seems a little more difficult to find that is not outrageously priced. I just didn't see it worthwhile to have the bassinet if I was going to use the pack n play. One concern with the pack n play is that the top portion where she will sleep for a while is too soft. Obviously, I am not really sure so I am asking for pros and cons on using which ever for the first little while. This is what she will sleep in while in our room.



5 comments:

Kerri and Cody said...

I'd definitely say the pack and play.. because you'll use it so much longer! (and you can take it with you easy!) Also where it has that top part.. it doesn't end up being all that different from a bassinet! I didn't realize the top parts were too soft though.. I haven't looked closely at the newer ones, so I'm not sure about that part. They definitely have some awesome pack and plays out now! I like how the one you showed has a shade, changing area and everything.. nice. (not to mention all those nice features like music and vibrations and such) Good luck choosing :)

Justin Compton Family said...

I'd go with the pack and play too. You can use it alot longer and it packs easier. I have a bassinet that I got at a yard sale that's in good shape. It doesn't have music or anything, but I got it cause our room wasn't big enough for a pack and play and I wanted her in our room. Otherwise I would have just used my pack and play. If you want a bassinet temporarily you can use mine if you don't want to buy one.

Nielsen Family said...

I would say pack-n-play too. You can use them longer and they store easier than a bassinet.

Karla said...

My opinion is to purchase the pack n play. We had a bassinet and we only used it for 5 weeks. Then I had to find a place to store it. The pack and play I still used to this day when we are at other places and Ethan could be in it for another year. So I think the pack n play is way more functional. Good luck!!!

Its what Workes said...

PACK AND PLAY ALL THE WAY!!! You will use it so much more and it is great that it can just fold away....handy for trips too. I think that would make a really great group gift for your shower too. I have to say that you crack me up so much you are such a prepared mom-2-b :) A great planner.