I think I am finally over the nausea stuff. People keep calling it morning sickness and that is so far from what it is. I was nauseas ALL day long. I couldn’t go to sleep at night with out throwing up. How bad is that? I felt like I had the flu for about 2 months straight. Two of those weeks I didn’t keep anything down. I don’t know how I made it through. Well, actually I do. Lots of prayers and blessings!! I know that 2 months is not nearly as long as some people have/had it so I am feeling lucky. I am also really hoping it doesn’t come back. I am finally starting to feel like a human being again. All the people at work are telling me that I look so much better. Great! How bad did I look?!!? Of course I am still very tired and have to tape my eyelids open in the afternoons at work, it can get pretty bad.
We went to dinner the other night and I wasn’t feeling sick. The food was so tasty; I definitely stuffed myself! But it was so good and it stayed down. I know it may sound silly but it is the little things right now that are so very exciting. I know that Billy is ready for me to start cooking and cleaning again, but I still am at the point that not much sounds good to eat. And for the cleaning; no one ever wants to do that anyways!
Billy has been a HUGE help to me these last few months. I am a very lucky girl to have him. He is amazing. Part of the time I was so sick he was on nights (which we don’t see each other except at 3 a.m. when he gets home) so he made me dinner a couple of times!! How sweet!! He is a pretty amazing guy. I know he has felt bad for me and has felt helpless, but he has always been there when I have needed him. And I have probably taken a bit of advantage of it, but he has been very good at putting up with me.
I am still making a lot of people sick right now because I have not gained any weight (and I have not lost any while I was sick) and I am not showing yet, but I am only 12 weeks. Give it some time and start looking pregnant. I still don’t feel like I am and being sick all the time doesn’t count as feeling pregnant. I know it is coming though and I really cannot wait for it. I know those of you who have been pregnant may think I am crazy, but I am looking forward to it. I know I’ll get to the point that I’ll be super uncomfortable, but I’ll survive it. O speaking of being uncomfortable, I got two things that have helped me so far. I got this pillow that is amazing and so worth the money. It is a body pillow in the shape of a candy cane.
I know it may look kind of funny, but it is actually really nice. And it really does not take up a lot of room in our bed. Billy makes fun of me for it, but it is so nice.
The other thing that will eventually help with being uncomfortable is a recliner!! I had a couple friends suggest to me that towards the end of my pregnancy I am going to want one to sleep in and even after I have the baby it will be a huge help. I said something to Billy a couple times about it and saw an advertisement for some on sale. Well, he surprised me with one the other day!!! I told you he was amazing!! He has been wanting one too but we really have no where to put one, so the other big chair will go into storage for now. Of course he told me that I can’t have the recliner until I get big and fat!! He makes me laugh!!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Cross your Fingers
Posted by Billy and Amanda Cole at 4:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Yay! Im glad to here that you are starting to feel better. I have been thinking about you and meaning to check in in you to see how everything was going. Im so glad that you have a blog :o)Hope everything from now on will be better
I didn't 'feel' pregnant forever...it was surreal. Good choice on the recliner. Justin told people I used the body pillow cause I didn't want to sleep next to him. Silly boy. Sounds like Billy is already doing great with fatherhood! I'm so glad. :)
Post a Comment