CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A new begining

As most of you know I quit my full-time job last week to stay home with Jenna. I am very excited about it. We had been considering this for a while but I was not sure when it was going to happen. Finally I gave my notice in November and last friday was my last day. I have been very happy and sad about this decision. I have been with my employeer for 5 and a half years so it is strange for me to think of leaving there. However, I am very excited to be able to be home with Jenna everyday. I am also very blessed to have Billy who has supported this decision and who is willing to work to support our family.
Today is only day three, but so far all is well. Jenna is such a good baby, even if she has been a bit crabby from cutting teeth. I have even been able to work out each day. YEA!! I hope as the weather gets warmer that Jenna and I will be able to spend time outside the house as well.
I am very excited to be able to spend time with Jenna and watch her grow. However, I have some other things I would like to accomplish:
1-Read a book. I don't know the last time I was able to read a book and enjoy it. I have always been too tired at the end of the day.
2-Orgnaize my house. This includes everything from food storage, my kitchen, to the bedrooms and bathrooms. I am tired of everything being a disaster.
3-Be crafty. I have all these fun crafty ideas, but never any time to accomplish them. I really need to get going on a scrap book for Jenna. I have all the stuff.
4-Put more time into my calling. I am the first counselor in our primary and I am over the cub scouts. I have come the love the kids and I look forward to seeing and teaching them each sunday. They truly are special spirits from our Heavenly Father. (Side note: I asked my young primary kids what they knew about Jesus and one little girl (4 yrs old) told me that He glows like a firefly! It was so cute and so simple. She made me smile.)
5-Concentrate on having the Spirit in my home. I want our children to feel loved in our home and to know this as a place that they can learn about Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.
I know some of these things may not happen or just may take some time. Not everything happens over night or all at once. I do realize that I still may not have as much time as I may like to have and some days will be strictly devoted to playing and holding my sweet Jenna. That was today. :) But in all I am looking forward to this new begining in our life. I am looking forward to all that this new year has to bring our family.

1 comments:

Lareina said...

hey I know that you will achieve each and every one of your goals! Enjoy being at home! Those are some precious years!